The main purpose of the Neuroscience area is to seek new therapeutic targets and to improve the clinical and therapeutic management strategies for neurological patients, mainly for those affected by a stroke, by Alzheimer’s disease, by Parkinson’s disease, by headaches and by neurological prion diseases.
- Identifying and validating diagnostic and therapeutic targets in neurological diseases.
- Treating neurological prion diseases.
- Studying and treating nervous system tumours.
- Creating and applying new drugs.
- Cell and gene therapy.
- Studying cellular and molecular mechanisms involved in neurological diseases.
- Nanomedicine applied to Neuroscience
- Promoting and developing clinical trials in early stages.
- Developing clinical practice guidelines on neurological diseases.