managers and sponsors specialized in biomedical research
Transfer and Innovation
Applying the results of biomedical research to society is one of our main purposes. We cooperate with members of the technology, food and pharmaceutical fields so that the knowledge, results and tools created by our researchers may be used for the benefit of the health and wellbeing of our society. We ensure that our research findings are applied to society, and we also contribute towards increasing the hospital’s competitiveness, working along with researchers and collaborating companies which wish to improve their portfolio with innovative products.
Researcher Support Services
- We help you protect your work by defining your intellectual property protection strategy.
- Preparation of confidential disclosure agreements (CDA), research collaboration agreements (RCA), material transfer agreements (MTA).
- Search of public grants or private financing for the subsequent development of technology which may increase its value.
- Search of stakeholders who may be interested in the technology developed by researchers for its licensing or maturing.
- Creation of spin-offs.
- Training in innovation methodologies and in methodologies for the promotion of creativity.
- Analyses of processes and improvement of work flow by means of Lean methodologies.
Services to businesses
- Signing of agreements with companies or other entities in order to continue the development of the products created by our researchers and get them into the marketplace.
- By collaborating with partners, we make good use of our existing resources and capacities, providing experience to improve our competitiveness.
- Financial assessment and search of projects or calls to develop an innovation strategy in companies by further developing those technologies developed by our researchers.
A company wants to access intellectual property (IP) that already exists or is being created
A company wants to commission research at a research institute
FORM OF COOPERATION
Licensing agreement with the owner of the IP (exceptional IP assignment)
P201730798 / PCT/EP2018/065725. In vitro method for detecting tumor growth and diagnosing or pronosticating the risk of metastasis in human subject that has been diagnosed with uveal melanoma
EP17382100 / PCT/EP2018/054979. Method for prognosis of the outcome of patients with heart failure (HF) by identifying patients at high risk of re-entry or death after hospitalization for “de novo” heart failure.
Leptin immunosuppression for obesity treatment
EP18382204.8. Anti-leptin Affinity Reagents For Use In The Treatment Of Obesity And Other Leptin-resistance Associated Diseases.
EP18382513. Nanostructure lipid system. Specialized administration system for the lysosomal release of enzymes used in the enzymatic replacement treatment of lysosomal storage diseases.
EP19382094. Development of a new treatment for heterotopic ossification (OH) based on a drug repositioning for use in the prevention or treatment of abnormal bone growth
Pharmaceutical composition comprising corticoids and a repurposed drug to use it in the prevention/treatment of sepsis and/or toll like receptor 4 (TLR4) -mediated inflammatory processes.
Odontopack: package of solutions for Dentistry
P201830122. Standardizing device for clinical photography and research.
P201830256. Simulator for teaching intraoral surgical techniques.
P201830057. Oral surgical retractor with protective attachment for particle projection techniques.
Biotechnology company which develops clinical solutions to improve cancer diagnosis, prognosis and treatment. Incorporated in 2014 as a result of a research project in biomedicine developed at the Translational Medical Oncology Laboratory of the Health Research Institute (IDIS) of Santiago de Compostela.
Detection And Radiation Technologies, S.L.
This company was established with the purpose of developing advanced solutions for dosimetry verification, with quality control applications in Medical Imaging, and for the measurement of radiotherapy doses administered to a patient. DART was created in 2014 as a result of the liquid ionization chamber technology developed by the Research Group in Colloid and Polymer Physics of the Health Research Institute (IDIS) of Santiago de Compostela and the Research Group in Radiophysics Research of the University of Santiago.
Qubiotech, Health Intelligence, S.L.
Company specializing in the development and marketing of software for the advanced processing of medical imaging. Qubio was established in December 2014 as a result of the transfer of an algorithm for imaging quantification by Positron Emission Tomography (PET) developed by the Research Group in Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging of the Health Research Institute (IDIS) of Santiago de Compostela.
Company specialized in the development of innovative solutions for an improved management of patients suffering from highly prevalent neurological diseases such as brain haemorrhage and Alzheimer’s disease. It was incorporated in 2017 as a result of an algorithm developed by the Research Group in Clinical Neuroscience (LINC) of the Health Research Institute (IDIS) of Santiago de Compostela.