Objectives and lines of research
The general objective of the Surgery Group is to develop clinical and experimental research on the advances that take place within the five areas of Surgery that are represented in the research group: General and Digestive Surgery, Traumatology and Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Urology and Cardiac Surgery. Research is also carried out on postoperative complications that may occur after performing surgical interventions in these areas of Surgery.
Lines of research
1. Postoperative infections in surgery
2. Prevention of the development of intra-abdominal adhesions.
3. Ethics in Surgery: Informed Consent.
5. Degenerative osteoarthritis
6. Deep brain stimulation
7. Monitoring of the neurocritical patient
8. Revascularization of cerebral ischemia
9. Predictive factors of surgical complications in kidney stone surgery
10. Quality of life of patients with stone disease
11. Prognostic and predictive factors of response to treatment in advanced metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer
12. Postoperative renal failure in cardiac surgery
13. Functional biology of epicardial adipose tissue
14. Structural deterioration of valve bioprostheses