SPANISH LAW ON INFORMATION SOCIETY SERVICES AND E-COMMERCE
Pursuant to the stipulations of art. 10 of Spanish Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and E-Commerce, the following General Information is disclosed:
The www.idisantiago.es domain, hereinafter referred to as the website, has been registered under the name of FUNDACIÓN INSTITUTO DE INVESTIGACIÓN SANITARIA DE SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA with registered address at TRAVESÍA CHOUPANA, S/N, 15706 – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA (A Coruña) with e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org; foundation registered in the Registro Único de Fundaciones de Interés Gallego (Single Registry of Galician Interest Foundations) with CIF (Spanhish Tax Code) ESG15796683.
Accessing and/or using the www.idisantiago.es website confers the status of user to whomever visits the website, agreeing, from that moment on, fully and without any reservations, to these general terms, as well as to the particular terms which, where appropriate, may complete, modify or replace the general terms regarding certain services and contents on the website.
II.- USE OF THE WEBSITE AND OF ITS SERVICES AND CONTENTS
The user agrees to use the website and its services and contents without contravening the current legislation, the principles of good faith, the generally accepted uses and the public order.
Likewise, the use of this website with illegal or harmful purposes against THE OWNER or any third parties, or which, in any way, may damage or hinder the normal operation of the website, is prohibited.
Regarding the website’s contents (information, texts, graphs, sound and/or image files, photographs, designs, etc.), the following are prohibited:
- The reproduction, dissemination or modification of contents, unless authorized by their lawful owners or by law.
- Any violation of the rights of THE OWNER or lawful owner over the contents.
- The use of the contents for all any commercial or advertising purposes, other than for those strictly permitted.
- Any attempt to get content from the website by any means different from those made available to the users, as well as those usually used on the internet, provided they do not damage the website in any way.
III.- UNILATERAL MODIFICATION
The OWNER may unilaterally, and without notice, modify, whenever they deem it appropriate, the structure and design of the website, as well as modify or eliminate services, contents and the terms of access and/or use of the website.
The insertion of any “hyperlink” linking any webpage to the website will be subject to the following conditions:
- The total or partial reproduction of any of the services or contents on the website is not allowed.
- Except by prior and express agreement, the webpage on which the hyperlink is inserted shall not include any trademark, brand name, shop sign, denomination, logo, slogan or other distinguishing marks belonging to the OWNER.
- Under no circumstances shall the OWNER be responsible for the contents or services made available to the public on the webpage on which the “hyperlink” is inserted, or for the information and statements contained in them.
V. LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The OWNER does not provide any guarantee nor shall they be responsible, under any circumstances, for any damages which may be caused by:
- The lack of availability, maintenance and effective operation of the website and/or its services or contents.
- The lack of use, relevance or validity of the website and/or its services or contents to satisfy the specific needs, activities or results, or expectations of users.
- The existence of virus, malware or damaging programmes in the contents.
- The receipt, obtaining, storage, dissemination or transfer of contents by the users.
- The illegal, negligent, fraudulent use, or the use contrary to these General Terms, to the principles of good faith, to the generally accepted uses or to public order, of the website, its services or contents by the users.
- The lack of legality, quality, reliability, usefulness and availability of the services provided by third parties and made available to users on the website.
- The failure by third parties to comply with their obligations or commitments regarding the services provided to users through the website.
The duration of the service provision by the website and of these services is indefinite.
Notwithstanding the aforementioned, the OWNER reserves the right to interrupt, cancel or finish the service provision of the website or any of its services in the terms stipulated in the third clause.
VII. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
These General Terms will be governed by the Spanish Laws.
FUNDACIÓN INSTITUTO DE INVESTIGACIÓN SANITARIA DE SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA and the user, expressly waiving any other jurisdiction which may be applicable, shall be subject to the Jurisdiction of the Courts of Law applicable to the address of the user for all matters or actions which may arise as a result of the provision of services on the website and of its services and contents, and as a result of the interpretation, application, fulfilment or failure to fulfil the stipulations of these terms.
If the User’s is outside Spain, FUNDACIÓN INSTITUTO DE INVESTIGACIÓN SANITARIA DE SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA and the user, expressly waiving any other jurisdiction which may be applicable, shall be subject to the Jurisdiction of the Courts of Law of SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA.
The USER has the possibility of setting their browser to receive on-screen notifications of the reception of cookies and to prevent them from being installed on their hard drive. Please, read your browser instructions and manuals for more information. In order to use the WEBSITE the USER does not need to allow the cookies sent by the website to be installed, notwithstanding that in that case the User would need to register as user for each of the services which require prior registration.
Likewise, our web servers automatically detect the IP address and the domain name used by the user. All this information is registered in an activity file on the server used for the subsequent processing of data with the purpose of obtaining statistical measurements which allow us to know the number of page impressions, the number of visits to our web services, etc.