- President: The Head of the Galician Department of Health, or the Director of the General Directorate of Health Insurance and Planning
- Vice-President: the Chancellor of the University of Santiago de Compostela (USC) or the Vice-chancellor for Research and Innovation.
- 6 Members: 3 appointed by the Galician Department of Health y another 3 appointed by the chancellor of the USC.
- Scientific Director, having a say, but no vote in the sessions of the Governing Council.
- Secretary: this position is shared by 2 members of the Governing Council or held by a person appointed for this purpose. In this case, this person has a say, but no vote. The secretary attests to the agreements adopted and is the custodian of the administrative documentation.
- President: Julio García Comesaña. Head of the Galician Department of Health.
- Vicepresidente: Antonio López Díaz. Chancellor of the University of Santiago de Compostela
- Julián Álvarez Escudero. Dean of Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry of the University of Santiago de Compostela.
- Ángel Carracedo Álvarez. Full Professor of the Department of Forensic Sciences, Pathological Anatomy, Gynecology and Obstetrics and Pediatrics of the University of Santiago de Compostela.
- María Luz Couce Pico, Scientific Director of the Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (no vote).
- Enrique Domínguez Muñoz. Head of the Digestive Service of the Health Area of Santiago de Compostela and Barbanza.
- Antonio Fernández Campa. Manager, Galician Agency for Knowledge Management in Health (ACIS).
- José Ramón González Juanatey. Head of the Cardiology Service of the Health Area of Santiago de Compostela and Barbanza.
- José Luis Labandeira García. Full Profesor of the Departament of Morphological Sciences of the University of Santiago de Compostela.
- Isabel Lista García, Managing Director of IDIS Foundation, acting as secretary (no vote).
- Eloína Núñez Masid. Manager of the Health Area of Santiago de Compostela and Barbanza.
- Vicente Pérez Muñuzuri. Vice-chancellor for Research and Innovation of the University of Santiago de Compostela.
Julián Álvarez Escudero
Lead researcher of group AC03 - Critical Patient
Angel Carracedo Alvarez
Area Coordinator A002 - Genetics and Systems Biology. Lead Researcher of the group C002 - Genetics
M. Luz Couce Pico
Scientific Director of the IDIS - Lead Researcher of group C012 - Metabolic Disorders
Juan Enrique Domínguez Muñoz
Lead researcher of group C009 - Translational Research in Diseases of the Digestive System
Antonio Fernández Campa
Manager. Axencia de Coñecemento en Saúde
Julio García Comesaña
Conselleiro de Sanidade
José Ramón González Juanatey
Area Coordinator A006 - Cardiovascular. Lead Researcher of group C016 - Cardiology
José Luis Labandeira García
Area Coordinator A004 - Neurosciences. Lead researcher of group C018 - Experimental Neurology of Parkinson's Disease
Isabel Lista García
Managing Director IDIS Foundation
Antonio López Díaz
Chancellor of the University of Santiago de Compostela
Eloína Núñez Masid
Manager of the Health Area of Santiago de Compostela and Barbanza
Vicente Pérez Muñuzuri
Vice-chancellor for Research and Innovation of the University of Santiago de Compostela
External Scientific Committee
The External Scientific Committee´s mission is to advise the management and governing bodies of the Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela in order to guarantee the highest standards of quality regarding scientific and training activity of the IDIS and the compliance of the objectives agreed in the strategic plan.
Ángeles Almeida Parra
Deputy Director of the Biomedical Research Institute of Salamanca
Melchor Álvarez de Mon Soto
Head of the Department of Medicine and Medical Specialties of the University of Alcalá de Henares, Madrid
María del Carmen Ayuso García
Scientific Director of the Health Research Institute of Jiménez Díaz Foundation
Joan Comella Carnicé
R&D Director of San Joan de Deu Hospital (Barcelona)
Encarnación Guillén Navarro
Head of the Medical Genetics - Pediatrics Service of the Virgen de la Arrixaca University Clinical Hospital, Murcia
María Rosario Luquin Piudo
Clinical Researcher of the Health Research Institute of Navarra
Antonio Vidal Puig
Professor of Molecular Nutrition and Metabolism. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Internal Scientific Committee
The Internal Scientific Committee (CCI) of IDIS is a commission that aims to represent all the research areas and technical staff of the Institute, in order to advise its Scientific Directorate on scientific, strategic and organizational aspects, as well as make the appropriate decisions on the functioning of the Institute.
The CCI roles involve the following activities:
- To advise the IIS Director regarding scientific, strategic and organizational issues.
- To analyse and present suggestions for all plans and operational normatives, especially for the strategic plan, including the integration and the training plans.
- To follow the monitoring of the IIS activities, especially those related to the above-mentioned plans.
- To validate the Annual Scientific Report.
- To propose the annual scientific goals to be achieved and the action plan to develop them to the governing body.
- To be the body for the participation of the research areas and groups in the scientific governance of the IIS.
- To assess of project application proposals and establish their prioritization, if included in their regulations.
- President: María Luz Couce Pico. IDIS Scientific Director.
- Sofía Isabel Barbosa Sousa Gouveia. Postdoctoral researcher. R2 representative.
- Ángel Carracedo Álvarez. Area coordinator, Genetics and Systems Biology. Group leader, Genetics.
- Miriam Cebey López. IDIS Quality Commission President
- Manuel Collado Rodríguez. IDIS Training Commission President
- José Ramón González Juanatey. Area coordinator, Inflammation.
- Francisco Gude Sampedro. Area coordinator, Platforms and Methodology.
- José Luis Labandeira García. Area representative, Neurosciences.
- Isabel Lista García. Managing Director, IDIS Foundation (FIDIS).
- Rafael López López. Area coordinator, Oncology. Group leader, Translational Oncology.
- Miguel López Pérez. R4 researchers representative
- Mabel Loza García. CIMUS Directorate representative, Deputy Director.
- Paula Mariño Lorenzo. IDIS Research trainee. R1 representative.
- Miguel Ángel Martínez Olmos. Area coordinator, Endocrinology.
- Federico Martinón Torres. Former IDIS Research Commission President.
- Laura Muinelo Romay. Miguel Servet Researcher. R3 representative.
- Daniel Rey Aldana. IDIS Primary Care representative.
- Mabel Sampedro Parada. Innovation and Transfer Manager, Responsible. Works Council member.
- Ana Vega Gliemmo. R4 researchers representative.
- Secretary: José Ramón Castro Ruibal. IDIS Research Manager.